Home and Community Care (HACC)

Some patients may be eligible for Home and Community Care (HACC) programs run by local councils. Services can include:

·         Nursing care

·         Allied health services like podiatry, physiotherapy and speech pathology

·         Domestic assistance, including help with cleaning, washing and shopping

·         Personal care, such as help with bathing, dressing, grooming and eating

·         Social support

·         Home maintenance

·         Home modifications

·         Assistance with food preparation in the home

·         Delivery of meals

·         Transport

·         Assessment, client care coordination and case management

·         Counselling, information and advocacy services

·         Centre-based day care

·         Support for carers including respite services

Generally, you need to be either over 65 years of age or receiving a Disability Support Pension. For more information you can contact your local council, speak with your GP or with your Social Worker.

Multi Purpose Taxi Program

Some patients may be eligible for a Multi Purpose Taxi Program Card (often referred to as “1/2 Price Taxi Card”). The program gives members half price taxi fares, up to $60 per trip. The annual cap is $2,180. The following eligibility criteria applies:

·         You must be a permanent Resident of Australia and live in Victoria

·         You must have a severe and permanent disability

·         You must have a disability that is not likely to improve with treatment

·         You must have a disability that prevents you from safely and independently using public transport.

·         You must hold an applicable Centrelink or Department of Veterans Affairs pension card, or

·         You must be able to show you have financial hardship by providing financial information.

Application forms are available from the Social Work Department on Level 3, Harold Stokes Building, Austin Hospital. For more information and to download forms visit: www.taxi.vic.gov.au/passengers/mptp.


Disabled Parking Permits


Some patients may be eligible for a disabled parking permit. These permits allow permit holders to park for extended periods of time (and usually in the best parking spaces!). If you are having difficulty walking or use a mobility aide such as a walking frame, a walking stick or wheelchair you should consider applying for a permit. Contact your local council directly to apply.

Diary Dates

Latest News from LTU

  • No posts to display.
Go to top